We at Siyabona Africa realize that proper planning for a successful safari, is the first step to enjoying yourself whilst on your journey.Our experts suggest these practical points to help you.
I. What are those hidden questions you need to ask?What is and is not included in the price?
Find out if airport transfers, service charges, and airport or hotel taxes are included. Also, find out what sight-seeing activities and meals are built into the price. In most instances, this information is included on our Travel Network sites.
2. What features are optional?
Check out optional excursions, meals
, or transportation, and find out how much spending money you'll need for these items.
3. How do you get the most value for money safari package?
Save money by travelling in the 'off season'
. Travel in the 'off-season,' or shoulder (in-between) season, when you can save anywhere from 10% to 30% on land arrangements, and up to 50% on air fare.
4. Choose an All-Inclusive Tour
By choosing an all-inclusive tour
, you can often realize an average savings of 15% - 20% over the cost of buying the same elements yourself. Because Siyabona Africa contract with properties and buy in large increments, they are able to pass the savings on to travellers.
5. Are you getting the best value for your money?
The cheapest tour or safari package doesn't always give you top value. You might have to pay extra for things that aren't included such as transfers, local sightseeing, etc. Find out about your hotels - the location, standard and features. If meals are included, what category restaurants, and will you have a choice of menu?
On a guided tour ask what type of features the coach, safari vehicle or overland truck has. ie: panoramic windows, reclining seats? If a rental car is included, what size is it, and is it an automatic or manual transmission?
6. What are the penalties if you cancel?
Read the information on your correspondence and documents. Know when payments are due, and what cancellation or late penalties may be incurred.
By using Siyabona Africa you can:
- Ask for our advice, because Siyabona Africa may contract with hotels, game lodges or other attractions well in advance; and, because we reserve blocks of space, our chances of finding accommodations are far better than when you book on your own.
- Save your valuable time and money. We have access to special booking systems, and can also sell you vacation packages and tours that are not otherwise available directly to the public.