Manyatta Rock Camp is located in the Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve on the south side of the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
Manyatta Rock Camp is situated in the Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve, which is a 'Big Five' 4 000 hectare conservancy situated on the south side of the Kruger National Park between Swaziland, Mozambique and forming part of South Africa.
The Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve is situated in the heart of the Onderberg only 4 hours drive from Johannesburg (approximately 400km-249 miles) and 27km (16.7 miles) from the Malelane Gate situated on the south side of the Kruger National Park.
En-route to the Kwa Madwala Game Reserve, from Johannesburg you join the N4. You pass the Malelane Gate and on your right you join the turn off to Swaziland. After a mere 4.5km (2.8 miles) you turn to your left, joining the Strydomblok Road. On your left you will see the Kwa Madwala gate.
How To Get There
Driving from Johannesburg
- Take the M12 which becomes the N4 towards Maputo through the town of Nelspruit.
- From Nelspruit drive towards Malelane/Komatipoort (N4)
- You will drive through the Nkomazi Tollgate which is approx 50km from Nelspruit and then to the town of Malelane.
- Drive east on the N4 from Malelane.
- 1km before the town of Hectorspruit take the second turning right onto the R570 towards Jeppes Reef, signposted Kwa Madwala/Low Hills and Inkuba Game Farm.
- Continue for 4.5km till you see a sign for Kwa Madwala and Strydomblok Road on your left
- Turn left and continue for a further 4.5km until you see the Kwa Madwala turnoff on your left clearly visible by the lion’s head logo.
- After 300m you will arrive at the security entrance gate to the Reserve.
- There you will need to pay the conservation fee of R150-00 per vehicle and will be given a map.
- Buses will then drive a further 1.5km of dirt road to the central buses/coaches parking area.
- Private vehicles travel 5km on a dirt road to the guest parking area.