The intensely beautiful and exotic setting of the Victoria Falls overwhelms the senses and stimulates a feeling of adventure, rather like falling in love!
There is no better place for romance and enjoying life to the full with a loved one. Wonderful weddings and Victoria Falls honeymoon packages
are a speciality in this area, contact a Siyabona Africa Consultant for expert advice and itineraries.
The incredible power of Victoria Falls is created by the broad and slow moving upper Zambezi River as it forms a mile-wide curtain of thundering intensity, crashing down into a narrow gorge far below. This is Mosi-oa-Tunya, "The Smoke that Thunders", twice as tall as Niagara Falls
, and several times longer, truly an amazing spectacle.
All the senses are heightened around such a volume of water, visitors often feel renewed and cleansed, coming away with a deeper appreciation of nature and life itself. The ageless magnificence of Victoria Falls has been witnessed by many. This was an ancient and sacred
place long before David Livingstone arrived.
Today, couples will find endless exciting and different activities
to suit a wide variety of interests. Nature lovers can stroll through the rainforest and enjoy the sounds, sights, fresh scents and sheer energy generated by the falls. History enthusiasts will also find plenty to experience and discover and can visit one of the original hotels in this area where royalty and leaders of nations have stayed.
Many a visitor has been humbled in the presence of Africa's amazing wildlife with thrilling close encounters a reality on a Victoria Falls safari.
Alternately, those in love can throw caution to the wind on one of the many adventure activities available. The daring and brave can together face the intense excitement and also fear that accompanies adrenalin sports.
Romantic Victoria Falls activities include:
- Canoeing along the Upper Zambezi River
- Candlelight dinner for two at the riverside and private picnics
- Secluded retreat to an island on the Zambezi
- Sunset cruises and game viewing along the river
- Moonlight viewing of the falls - Lunar Rainbow at full moon
- Outdoor bubble baths and showers
- Wellness and Spa sessions for couples
Adventurous and specialised activities include:
- Night drives through the wilderness
- Guided walking safaris through the African bush
- Walking with Lions or Elephant-back safaris
- Flying over the falls in a helicopter or light aircraft - a dazzling journey
- Holding hands and leaping off the bridge! Tandem Bungi Jumping
- Sharing a rubber duck! Going white water rafting together