Tanzania boasts amazing safari destinations as well as island and beach getaways, making it ideal for a bush and beach safari.
What are the Top 10 Reasons to Discover Tanzania
- Although Tanzania is the home of legendary places such as Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Kilimanjaro it is nonetheless one of Africa's best kept secrets. The vast array of attractions the country boasts are only now being realised by African safari-goers.
- Natural highlights abound, including Ngorongoro Crater - the largest intact caldera in the world, Olduvai Gorge, said to be the birthplace of man, the 20-million-year-old Great Rift Valley and the vast game-filled plains of the Serengeti which are home to the annual great wildebeest migration
- Aside from the iconic safari destinations Tanzania boasts some of the most dramatic wilderness areas in the southern parts of the country - areas that are considered Africa's new frontier. Reserves such as Selous and Ruaha are staking their claim in the upper echelons of African safari
- More than 25% of Tanzania is dedicated to conservation areas, protecting over 20% of Africa's large mammals and 35 species of antelope, including 1,5 million Wildebeest
- It is possible to view the 'Big Five' in Tanzania - Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino, Lion, Leopard and other sought after species such as Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hippo, Zebra, Giraffe and the famous "Jane Goodall" chimpanzees on the shores of Lake Tanganyika in Mahale Mountains National Park
- Tanzania boasts over 1000 bird species, with Lake Manyara National Park alone being home to more than 400. It is a year round birding destination, but at the height of the winter months, some 160 species of migrants add to the diversity
- It is easy to combine the adventures of big game viewing with relaxing beach holidays in one of Africa's best safari and beach holiday destinations
- Accompanied walking trails and boat excursions are available in certain areas
- Tanzanite, a rare and highly desirable gemstone, is mined only in Tanzania
- The people of Tanzania are courteous, sincere, friendly, and hospitable, making visitors feel welcome
Enquiries / Questions