The rough and harsh Skeleton Coast in Namibia is a place of wind, mist, shipwrecks and whale bones.
Skeleton Coast Park, Namibia (North)
- Highlights: Shipwrecks, Cape Cross Seal Colony, Ugab Canyon, rough coastline and whale bones
- Activities: Fly over the ship graveyard, enjoy incredible silence and roaring dunes, spot amazing animals and plants, view the Ugab Canyon and Namib Desert landscapes and ancient riverbeds
Most travellers to this forbidding desert region on the northern coast of Namibia have no idea how big it is which is why an exciting scenic flight is really the best way to view it. From the air you are instantly mesmerised by the ghostly ship wrecks and whale bones
that lie all along the coast. These haunting images often have visitors at a loss for words.
Dense sea fogs and roaring storms are part of life along the treacherous Atlantic coastline of Skeleton Coast Park, Namibia. Yet, these cooling fogs also sustain life in an almost waterless place. In the Namib Desert fascinating animals and plants have found ways to adapt and survive - find out how, on a fly-in safari and by hiking the Ugab River Trail
. Experience the intense silence and beauty on Namib Desert walks and around the campfire at sunset.
Skeleton Coast Park in Namibia can be accessed from Damaraland and the Kaokoveld in the east, or from the west coast, which is a sought after fishing destination. You can visit the Cape Cross Seal Colony
or enjoy a drink with the locals and hear amazing historical tales.
Skeleton Coast Activities in Namibia:
- Explore the Skeleton Coast via 4x4
- Fly over the ship graveyard
- Hike The Ugab River Trail
- Visit the Cape Cross Seal Colony
- Fish along this exciting coast
Click here for more info on Skeleton Coast activities
Skeleton Coast in Namibia - more information and links: