The rough and harsh Skeleton Coast in Namibia is a place of wind, mist, shipwrecks and whale bones.
About Skeleton Coast, Namibia
Skeleton Coast Park, Namibia (North)
- Highlights: Shipwrecks, Cape Cross Seal Colony, Ugab Canyon, rough coastline and whale bones
- Activities: Fly over the ship graveyard, enjoy incredible silence and roaring dunes, spot amazing animals and plants, view the Ugab Canyon and Namib Desert landscapes and ancient riverbeds
Dense sea fogs and roaring storms are part of life along the treacherous Atlantic coastline of Skeleton Coast Park, Namibia. Yet, these cooling fogs also sustain life in an almost waterless place. In the Namib Desert fascinating animals and plants have found ways to adapt and survive - find out how, on a fly-in safari and by hiking the Ugab River Trail. Experience the intense silence and beauty on Namib Desert walks and around the campfire at sunset.
Skeleton Coast Park in Namibia can be accessed from Damaraland and the Kaokoveld in the east, or from the west coast, which is a sought after fishing destination. You can visit the Cape Cross Seal Colony or enjoy a drink with the locals and hear amazing historical tales.
Skeleton Coast Activities in Namibia:
- Explore the Skeleton Coast via 4x4
- Fly over the ship graveyard
- Hike The Ugab River Trail
- Visit the Cape Cross Seal Colony
- Fish along this exciting coast
Click here for more info on Skeleton Coast activities in Namibia.
Skeleton Coast in Namibia - more information and links:
Enquiries / Questions