Whether it’s for a Windhoek conference or family holiday stopover, guests will find there is plenty to do including city tours, shopping, sports, scenic flights and wildlife tours.
Apart from great city sightseeing, visitors can enjoy numerous Windhoek activities in the outdoors including golf, horse riding, caving or game drives and hikes at Daan Viljoen Game Park.
Other popular Windhoek activities include Township Tours and Brewery Tours - Windhoek is the centre of the brewing industry in Namibia. Visitors will find a huge variety of Namibian art and craft displayed at local markets or by many street vendors.
Activities and attractions
- Historic buildings, museums and churches
- Traditional art and craft markets and street vendors
- Art galleries
- Indoor gymnasiums
- Municipal swimming pool (outdoor) with a great picnic area
- Golf – 18 hole course
- Township Tours
- City tours and day trips
- Cycling tours
- Hiking trails and horse riding
- Stargazing at the Capella Observatory south of the city
- Game reserves and sanctuaries (around 20 minutes from Windhoek)
- Scenic day flights (Sossusvlei, Etosha National Park and more)