Kaokoland in Namibia is the home to the semi-nomadic Himba Tribes.
About Kaokoland And Himba Tribes, Namibia
Kaokolanda, Namibia (North)
- Highlights: Himba Tribes, Kunene River, Epupa Falls, Marienfluss Valley
- Activities: Track desert dwelling Elephants, enjoy canoeing or river-rafting on the Kunene River near Epupa Falls, go hiking in the Kaokoland, indulge in bird-watching, enjoy sundowner cruises, learn about the Himba people and their culture
A wild frontier indeed, the seclusion of the Kaokoland is the reason the semi-nomadic Himba Tribe can continue with their traditional way of life. The beautiful women and children of this tribe are unusual and striking with their red ochre coloured skin, intricate hairstyles and handmade jewellery.The Kaokoveld in Namibia is also home to amazing flora and fauna, including the desert dwelling Elephant, Rhino, Giraffe and Lion. In this region in northern Namibia you can experience cultural interaction with the Himba and track African wildlife on advanced 4x4 trails and fascinating Kaokoland fly-in tours.
Near Epupa Falls in northern Namibia you can enjoy sundowner river cruises, bird-watching, scenic hikes or go river rafting and canoeing on guided adventures, although you'll have to keep a look out for crocodiles!
- Visit the OvaHimba people
- Explore the Kunene River
- Birding at the Epupa Falls
- Enjoy Hartmann's Valley and Marienfluss Valley
- Track desert dwelling Elephants and other African Wildlife
Kaokoland and Himba TribesHimba and Herero tribe culture
Enquiries / Questions