Kanga Camp, Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe
- Accommodation: 6 Meru-style tents overlooking the waterhole
- Activities: Walking safaris, day and night game drives, splash pool, river activities on request
- Highlights: The decks overlooking Kanga Pan and the private walking safaris
- Destination: Private concession, Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe
Kanga Camp offers a rare treat when it comes to national park activities - walking safaris. This Zimbabwe safari lodge in Mana Pools is unique in this because it is located in the only private concession within the park. Mana Pools National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to an abundance of game which can be seen at very close quarters.
Walking safaris in a national park are hardly ever sanctioned, but when you stay at Kanga Camp you can enjoy this exciting and truly tangible safari experience in a remote and beautiful wilderness. You will be able to set off directly from camp on foot with your guide and also go where vehicles cannot.
For a change of pace twice daily game drives are offered which include the luxury of being able to leave the vehicle to explore further on foot. Being in a private concession means that you are unlikely to encounter other visitors, so you will have a sense of exclusivity. Additional experiences like canoeing and full day safaris to the Zambezi River can be arranged on request in advance.
Children under the age of 6 years are only accepted during promotional periods and peak holidays such as Easter and Christmas, or by special arrangement.
Facilities and Services
- The camp is seasonal (open from April to October annually)
- The central deck overlooks Kanga Pan and the splash pool
- Sit down to delicious meals in the communal camp dining area
- Bush meals can be arranged
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions