Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
- Accommodation: 20 air-conditioned luxury en-suite rooms facing the lake
- Activities: Game drives and walks, fishing, birding, culture, conferences, pool, spa, games room
- Highlights: Fantastic views of the lake, game viewing by boat, Tiger fishing
- Destination: Bumi Hills, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
What a delight it is to see the lake from so many captivating angles. Find your favourite spot at this Zimbabwe lodge on Lake Kariba and join legions of smitten guests who have done the same thing since 1975. The cocktail bar and dining terrace, pool, spa and guest rooms all face the lake.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge offers a well-rounded experience for safari enthusiasts, anglers, conference delegates and travellers looking for a great holiday. The beautiful infinity pool and spa meet the needs for rest and rejuvenation, while the lodge provides elegant surroundings and delicious cuisine. The majestic lake and game rich wilderness can be explored at leisure in a variety of ways.
A favourite activity is game viewing by boat, which is an extremely relaxing experience. Guided foot safaris and traditional game drives visit the shoreline as well as the wilds in search of Elephant, Lion and the elusive Leopard, but you'll see Hippo, Crocodile and plenty of plains game too. Birdlife is prolific in this area. There is also a Hide and a Viewing Platform for excellent game watching.
Bumi is a premier fishing destination, one of the best in Africa. You can fish all year round but October is the month for an international Tiger Fishing competition that has been running since the 1960's. For a change of pace and insight into traditional culture, you can tour a community village with a Bumi Hills Lodge guide who lives locally. Lake Kariba is home to the Tonga people.
General Facilities and Services
- No children under the age of 10 years
- Dining room and al fresco terrace adjoining the cocktail bar
- Main lounge with internet facilities, wildlife DVD's, card / board games, reference books
- TV lounge with satellite channels and full size snooker table
- Air-conditioned conference room and a boardroom
- Wellness spa with sauna and chill pool
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions