This easily accessible safari lodge near Grahamstown in South Africa's Eastern Cape province enjoys a great position in Frontier Country with beautiful beaches just a short drive away.
Within an hour of landing in Port Elizabeth, guests can be at this safari lodge near Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, enjoying a refreshing cocktail, viewing game and relaxing. Luxury transfers from the airport are provided on request.
Located in a lush valley with 5 diverse eco-regions, this 20 000 acre game reserve and safari lodge near Grahamstown offers a pristine bush escape. On game drives there are regular sightings of Elephant, Lion and Buffalo as well as Cheetah amongst plentiful plains game. Nocturnal predators are seen after dark.
Golfing enthusiasts can enjoy a round on the nearby 18-hole golf course, while history buffs will find plenty to see and do in Grahamstown and Bathurst which form the heart of 1820 Settler history. The Sunshine Coast is also close at hand promising miles of gorgeous beaches and coastal activities.
- Golf 30 km - (19 miles)
- Museums, history and tours in Grahamstown - 35 km (22 miles)
- Beaches - 60 km (37 miles)
- Addo Elephant National Park - 60 km (37 miles)
- Bathurst - 75 km (47 miles)
From Port Elizabeth airport (110km)
- Leave the airport turn left at the traffic circle.
- Continue over the railway line and turn right at the traffic lights (Heugh Road).
- Continue straight to the last traffic lights at the bottom of the hill.
- Turn left and follow the N2 towards Grahamstown for +- 100 km.
- Turn left at the Kichaka sign.
- Continue 3.5 km on the gravel road.
- You will arrive at the Kichaka Lodge gate on your left.
- Proceed up the road to the reception area where you will be met by Kichaka staff.
To Grahamstown (35km)
- At the Kichaka gates, turn right and travel 3.5km back to the tarred road (N2).
- Turn left onto the N2 and travel 30km to Grahamstown.
- Turn left into Grahamstown and at the traffic lights turn left again to take you to the centre of town.
Kichaka GPS Co-ordinates:
33° 24' 34.73" S
26° 17' 56.76" E