Activities near Hog Hollow Country Lodge
On a Garden Route holiday in South Africa guests can set off on exciting outings with a picnic basket. Alternately there is the lodge pool, sauna and magical scenery adorned by prolific bird life.
From Hog Hollow there is a beautiful 1 hour walk through the river gorge to Monkeyland, a primate sanctuary. This is one of many interesting trails and rambles in the area. For seaside activities on a Garden Route holiday there are 5 beautiful beaches and Golf Resorts in and around Plettenberg Bay.
The Garden Route is famous for its beauty and interesting towns and villages with many excellent restaurants, bistros and speciality foods along the way. The artistic community produce a variety of crafts. This coastline is also superb for Dolphin and Whale viewing boat trips.
Day trips in this part of South Africa are quite an adventure due to the incredible variety of things to see and do, there is something for everyone from historical sites to abseiling, steam train trips to salt water fly fishing and scuba diving. Visitors can also enjoy cruising and boating in several locations.
Activities in the vicinity:
- Qolweni Theatre Group - Xhosa theatre / dance group
- Blue Lounge River Cruises
- Keurbooms River Ferries
- Cycling trails through Harkerville Forests
- Motorised glider flights around the bay
- Keurbooms River boating with a Hog Hollow picnic basket
- African Ramble - aerial flights
- Eco boat-based Whale and Dolphin tours of the bay
- Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary
- Elephant Park
- Snake Sanctuary
- Bungi Jumping at Bloukrans Bridge - highest in the world!
- Horse riding through the valleys and mountains
- Snorkelling, scuba diving, canoeing and kayaking
- Tandem sky-diving
- Massage Treatments and Therapies
- Fishing and salt water fly fishing
- Noetzie and The Castles
- The Heads - various trips out to the heads
- The Lagoon and Waterfront Quays
- Outeniqua Choo Tjoe steam train
Storms River attractions:
- Tree Top Canopy Tour
- Woodcutters Trail, Heritage sites
- Hiking / walks through Tsitsikamma Forest
- Marine tours
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions