Arathusa Safari Lodge is in the remote northern area of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve on the borders of the Kruger and Mala Mala Game Reserves.
Arathusa Safari Lodge is set on 5 000 hectares in the remote northern area of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve which borders Kruger National Park and Mala Mala Game Reserve.
Situated in the northern Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa, Arathusa Safari Lodge can be reached by road and air. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve in South Africa is home to Big Five game and a diverse range of wildlife, plant life and bird life.
Arathusa Safari Lodge is located approximately 7 hours from Johannesburg, an easy and scenic drive through Mpumalanga. Guests can also fly to one of three airports in the area, alternatively Arathusa has its own airstrip and affordable charters are available provided you give prior notice.
Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit is the most efficient route for those travelling by air, and SA Express fly in daily.
Directions to Arathusa Safari Lodge
- From Johannesburg, take the N12 to Emalahleni (Witbank). At Emalahleni (Witbank), take the N4 to Nelspruit.
- You will go through 2 national toll gates on this road – Please insure to carry enough money for all toll gates.
- Take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and proceed to Hazyview.
- Remain on the R40 towards Bushbuckridge (from Hazyview it is approximately 62 km / 1 hour until Acornhoek turn)
- Turn right at the traffic lights (Acornhoek) – to Manyeleti / Tulamahashe / Hluvukani.
- Follow the tar road for approximately 36.1 km. Turn right onto dirt road.
- Follow dirt road for 6.4 km until Uthar Clinic is on left.
- Turn left on gravel road (Utha Store will be on the right) – 7.3 km to the Gowrie Gate.
- Entrance fee to the Sabi Sands Game Reserve is payable in cash (ZAR 190 per vehicle & ZAR 50 per person)
- Travel straight through the Gowrie Gate. At signboards continue straight to Arathusa Safari (do not turn right to Arathusa Private) – 5.9 km.
- Turn right at the stone wall for Arathusa Safari Lodge & follow the road until the entrance to the lodge on the right.
550km (approx. 7 hours by road)
170km (approx. 2.5 to 3 hours by road)
80km (approx. 1.5 hours by road)
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport:
165km (approx. 2.5 to 3 hours by road)