Access to Sandford Park Country Hotel, Drakensberg
This KwaZulu-Natal country estate is just 2 and a half hours from Durban and 3 and a half from Johannesburg, its the perfect retreat in the scenic and historic area of KwaZulu-Natal.
Getting to Sandford could not have been easier; its ideally situated off the N3 highway in the foothills of the Drakensberg Mountains, a World Heritage Site.
This excellent conference venue in KwaZulu-Natal can accommodate up to 80 people in a really serene and stress free setting. Weddings are a special event in the lovely thatched chapel that overlooks the tranquil dam and mountains.
Established in 1852, Sandford Park has 41 hectares of beautiful scenery, streams and springs with views of the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains - tucked in between the north and central regions. The well stocked dam is great for a spot of fishing and there are hiking trails to explore.
In the vicinity of Sandford guests can visit the Battlefields, Spioenkop, a San Rock Art Shelter as well as the top attractions of the Drakensberg Champagne Castle, Cathedral Peak and Royal National Park.
Directions to Sandford Park Country Hotel
Johannesburg to Sandford
1. Follow the N3 until Harrismith, turn right onto the Bethlehem road (N5) travel for approximately 7km (4 miles).
2. Turn left onto the Bergville / Phuthaditjaba road (R712). Continue on this road until Bergville R74 turnoff to the left.
3. Turn left here and drive on until reaching the little town of Bergville, just before the town turn left onto the R616 Ladysmith road, continue for 2km (1 mile) and turn left again at the Sandford Park Resort turnoff.
4. The hotel is 1.3 kilometres (just under a mile) down this gravel road.
Durban to Sandford
1. Follow the N3 until just past the Shell Ultra City (outside Estcourt), take the first off-ramp to the left namely the Winterton / Colenso (R74) route.
2. At the intersection turn left again to Winterton and drive straight through, continue on this road for 21km (13 miles) to Bergville.
3. Travel just past the Caltex garage and turn right onto the R616 Ladysmith road. Travel for 2km (1 mile) and turn left again at the Sandford Park Resort turnoff.
The hotel is 1.3 kilometres (just under a mile) down this gravel road.
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions