Position of Mpongo Private Game Reserve
Guests can be viewing game by the waterhole at Mpongo just a few minutes after arriving at East London airport, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Airport transfers can be arranged, alternately there is safe parking on-site at Mpongo River Lodge.
This malaria-free accommodation is located on a 3 200 hectare private reserve with lush valleys and rolling landscapes and is home to 4 of the Big Five game animals as well as Hippo, Giraffe, Zebra, Impala and Warthog and a variety of grassland antelope.
The Reserve is a birder friendly establishment and guests can try to spot over 250 bird species that can be seen here. Guests are often amazed at the wealth of wildlife even though the Reserve is located 35km (22 miles) from the city of East London.
For other historical attractions and sights, guests can take a day out and go to East London, there they will also find entertainment and shopping as well as a number of great sandy beaches, these attractions can be reached in 20 -30 minutes.
Directions From Bloemfontein
- Follow the N6 main route from Bloemfontein until you reach Stutterheim.
- From Stutterheim continue on the N6 until you pass Macleantown.
- Once you pass Macleantown, continue for approximately 7km.
- Turn off to the right after the Mpongo signage, into St Luke’s road.
- Continue for approximately 7km on this road. Mpongo Private Game Reserve will be situated on your right.
- Proceed through the main gate.
- Welcome to Mpongo Private Game Reserve.
32° 85' 29.5" S
27° 74' 3.91" E
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions