Activities and Excursions at Jembisa
There is something for everyone on a family safari in South Africa at Jembisa with plenty to do at the lodge, on the reserve and in the surrounding area. Exciting activities tailor-made for children of all ages will ensure time-out for adults.
Children at Jembisa are given a welcome pack on arrival. Planned activities are age appropriate from babysitting and storytelling for the little ones to guided safari bush walks and kid’s game drives. They can swim, fish, play tennis and croquet or enjoy the games room.
On bug walks, children are challenged to see who can find the largest or ugliest bug or the one with the best legs. They are taught how to identify spoor and track wildlife animals. Older children accompany the rangers on fence patrols and animal counts. Helping the chef in the kitchen is always fun!
Guests can enjoy a high standard of cuisine, with special dietary requests catered for. From picnics in the bush to fine dining under the stars; meals are rarely served in the same location twice.
Weddings and honeymoons are eagerly accommodated at this Limpopo destination, with facilities and services available to create an everlasting celebration. Wedding parties consisting of 6 to 40 guests can be accommodated at Jembisa, and a full wedding planner service is provided.
Activities at Jembisa:
- Swimming – saltwater pool and loungers
- Floodlit tennis court – racquets and balls provided
- Games room – lots of adult and children’s games
- Table tennis and croquet
- Mountain bikes – guided excursions
- Massages – on the river deck or in guest room
- Astronomical delight – fascinating talk by local expert
- Game drives in open 4x4 vehicles
- Night drives
- Guided bush and river walks
- Bush camp outs under the stars
- Rhino tracking – guests can learn to track rhino on foot
- Bushman paintings
- Photographic safaris
- Art safaris
- Archaeological walks and sites
- Half-day Elephant back safaris
- Horse riding
- Local craft centres and curio shops
- Big 5 safaris
- Scenic helicopter flights
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions