The position requires someone who possesses a basic level of knowledge about a tourist Destination and a good knowledge of Travel Products/Packages in Africa. The applicant must also have a good geographical understanding of a destination and other regions in Africa, as well as the basic day-to-day travel logistics required.
Applicant must be able to advise clients about Products/Packages mostly based on research and training.
Applicant must have excellent sales skills, and be detail-oriented and good at communicating in order to provide efficient customer service.
- Travel Industry Work Experience: Minimum 4 years
- Diploma/Degree in Travel & Tourism
- Travel Industry Work Experience: Minimum 6 years
- Sales Ability Potential - Sales Driven
- Handle high volume enquiries
- Good level of understanding of Africa as a whole
- Confidently sell Products/Packages within multiple Regions within South Africa
- Very good Product Knowledge and basic logistical understanding
- Some Personal and Educational travel to Destinations & Regions within South Africa
- Excellent client service skills
- To work independently, using discretion and good judgment
- To maintain a work volume and quality consistent with Siyabona Africa standards
- To work in a team environment, supporting management and staff, as well as following company policies
- Provide feedback and assist with special projects when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Deal with all travel enquires via telephone, the internet, Skype and email.
- To be able to match the correct Product/Package with the client.
- Check availability of Products/Packages with suppliers and hold reservations, and then respond promptly, within 12 hours, to the client with various options.
- To book reservations for the client for air, travel, hotel, safari tours and car rentals, and follow up with the client when necessary to secure the reservation.
- It is their duty to maintain and promote professional and courteous client relations by being prompt and accurate in their communications.
- Demonstrate professional customer service skills.
- To follow up with clients on completion of their trip for feedback on the experience.
- It is a Reservation Consultants duty to remain informed of all industry rules, processes and regulations, including having a thorough understanding of the Standard Tour Operator rates, BAR, Margins etc.
- Know and properly use airline terminology, codes, fare basis, aviation rules and tariffs, resource guides, books and industry contacts.
- Reservation Consultant's duties are more sales focused with higher volumes of enquiries and quicker turn-around times.
- A Reservation Consultant needs to spend around 80% of their time dealing with travel related requests and around 20% of their time on Product/Package & Destination Training and learning how to create new original Siyabona Products/Packages.
- Assisting Qualified Staff with admin related work and Product/Package building as needed.
- Main focus but not limited to selling mid range Products/Packages like self-catering accommodation, hotels, car rentals, nature reserves, national parks, guest houses and day trips.
- Sell mostly single and straight forward Products/Packages but still have basic understanding on how to combine two products with transfers/flights/car hire
- Up-selling and offering alternatives.
- Maintain excellent business to business relationships.
Your up-to-date Resume, accompanied by a motivation letter presenting reasons why you think you are person to fill this position should be e-mailed to Careers