Erongo Wilderness Lodge in Damaraland is a special wilderness area, encircled by Erongo Mountains, where the desert, mountain, and bushveld ecosystems combine.
- Accommodation: 10 luxury tented chalets on stilts
- Highlights: Desert, mountain, bushveld ecosystems & biodiversity
- Activities: Ancient rock art, nature walks & drives, birding
- Getting There: Fly-In, self-drive, 4x4
Just outside Omaruru in central Namibia is the Erongo Wilderness Lodge. This Namibia safari lodge in Damaraland is a secluded getaway, surrounded by huge boulders and pristine Namibian veldt.
The 10 luxury tented chalets at Erongo Wilderness Lodge have overhanging thatched roofs are built on stilts. The idea is to disturb the environment as little as possible. The chalets at this Namibia safari lodge in Damaraland, secluded among the rocks, boulders and vegetations, are accessed by a system of wooden walkways.
Facilities of Erongo Wilderness Lodge, Damaraland, Namibia:
- Telephone, fax, and Internet facilities are available at reception, on request.
- The use of cellular phones is possible from the main, or restaurant, area if necessary (but is not encouraged).
- Bank, Post Office and petrol/diesel are available in Omaruru, 13 km's from the lodge.
- A plunge pool is built into the rocks near the main area
- Above and behind the pool is a relaxation deck with braai / barbecue facilities for outdoor functions
- The lounge and restaurant are housed in a partially open, thatched building
- There is an outside veranda, with views of the sunset and the floodlit waterhole.